Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SOS #195: No Foolin'

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge. Since tomorrow is April 1st, also known as April Fool's Day, we thought it would be fun to do another challenge on faux techniques. Some ideas that come to mind are faux stitching, faux leather, faux silk, faux embossing.  There is a whole list of faux technique ideas here on Splitcoast. If you don't already have an idea, why not try something new?

Here's how the ladies have interpreted this week's challenge:

Leslie
I used the Faux Mother Of Pearl technique
I made a Faux Leather gift card/money wallet

Lauren
I used wet and dry embossing for this textural faux leather technique
Jessi
I used the Faux Tile technique 
I used the "Faux Weathered Wood Frame" Technique

Donna
I made "faux leather" using masking tape, distress ink and clear embossing powder (and did some faux stitching)
I used the faux metal technique for the car image.

Deena
I did faux stitching and faux cracked glass


Now it's YOUR turn! Put on your thinking cap and decide which faux technique to try. Why not stretch your wings and try something new, especially if it makes you use something neglected and unloved from your stash? :) Then make something and come back here to link up below so we can stop by and see what you've made.

The link-up will be open until Monday, April 6th, at 11:55 pm EDT. Please limit your total number of entries to 13, including ours.


4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Fab faux inspirations :)

Cricutjunkie said...

Great designs by the team. Thanks for the inspiration. Traci

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love all the different techniques!

Dawn said...

Oh these are all amazing ... I really love that faux tile ... way cool